Remember how we told you there was an American Pie 4: Hey, If Scream Can Reanimate A Dormant Franchise, Can We Please Do It, Too? film in the works? Well, it’s got a spiffy new name (American Reunion), a (mostly) returning cast, and now plot points have been released.
According to /Film, this is what we now know:
- The film will center around the gang’s ten-year high school reunion.
- Oz (Chris Klein) is a big shot with a Malibu mansion and a girlfriend who seems to be a gold-digger.
- Heather (Mena Suvari) is dating a middle-aged surgeon who tries to act younger than his age.
- Stifler‘s (Seann William Scott) life has gone down the drain — he’s unhappily working as a temp, and isn’t getting laid much. He avoids going to the reunion. At one point, he sleeps with Laurie, a “former hottie” who’s gained weight.
- Finch (Eddie Kaye Thomas) is an “international traveler” and will be scoring with Trish, a bartender who used to go to band camp with Michelle.
- Stifler’s Mom (Jennifer Coolidge), the original MILF, will be making an appearance.
- Jim (Jason Biggs) is still married to Michelle (Alyson Hannigan), but his next-door neighbor has a crush on him — and her long-term boyfriend isn’t happy about it. Meanwhile, his sex tape with Nadia (Shannon Elizabeth) has gone viral on YouTube.
Ok, I’ll admit that as unnecessary as this film sounds, and as insipid as the first two sequels were, and as earth-shatteringly bad as the four straight to video sequels looked, this actually looks as if it may—may—be kind of charming. /Film points out that the script captures the heart of the original, something the latter films missed. So who knows, this might actually be kind of fun. Fingers crossed.
What would you think of an American Pie sequel?