The winner of the 2011 Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay is David Seidler for The King’s Speech. The winner spoke about breaking the record for being the oldest person to win in this category. During his speech he said, “I accept this on behalf of all the stutterers throughout the world. We have a voice. We have been heard. Thanks to you, the Academy.”
See who he beat…
The nominees for Best Original Screenplay were:
- Another Year, Written by Mike Leigh
- The Fighter, Screenplay by Scott Silver, Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson. Story by Keith Dorrington, Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson
- Inception, Written by Christopher Nolan
- The Kids Are All Right, Written by Lisa Cholodenko and Stuart Blumberg
- The King’s Speech, Screenplay by David Seidler
This is a hard one for us because even though we thought The King’s Speech was a great film, we really loved Inception. The originality behind the story and what Christopher Nolan did with it was truly unique. We like Seidler and he gave a refreshing and nice speech but we’re still waiting for Nolan to get his props. Why can’t that man get an Oscar? He’s not allergic to them you know?
Do you agree with this year’s winner for Best Original Screenplay?