The winner of the 2011 Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay is Aaron Sorkin for The Social Network. Sorkin has been a favorite to win the trophy having swept all the other awards in this category. During his speech he said, “I wrote this movie but David Fincher made this movie.” So true. So true.
See who he beat out…
The nominees for Best Adapted Screenplay were:
- 127 Hours, Screenplay by Danny Boyle & Simon Beaufoy
- The Social Network, Screenplay by Aaron Sorkin
- Toy Story 3, Screenplay by Michael Arndt. Story by John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton and Lee Unkrich
- True Grit, Written for the screen by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
- Winter’s Bone, Adapted for the screen by Debra Granik and Anne Rosellini
Aaron Sorkin was the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay, are you shocked? Of course you’re not! The man has single handedly won this category at every awards show and from every critics’ board. He has the magic touch. His acceptance speech was a bit long in the tooth but that’s just Sorkin for you. He was keeping it real.
Congrats Aaron Sorkin, you deserved it!
What do you think of Sorkin winning for Best Adapted Screenplay? Did anyone else deserve it?