You’d think with the Oscar race piquing movie interest and with nothing in the theaters other than Bieber and Sandler to satisfy that interest, studios would be filling the shelves with new DVDs to tide us over. Well, that didn’t really happen. In fact, the DVD coffers are just about bare beyond the Denzel Washington (literally) vehicle hitting shelves this week.
Check it all out below…
Here is Denzel Washington’s filmography since he won Best Actor for Training Day and Entertainment Weekly’s Entertainer of the Year:
- John Q – Nobody saw it.
- Antwone Fisher – Nobody saw it.
- Out of Time/Man on Fire – I assumed they were the same movie.
- The Manchurian Candidate – Hatchet job of a remake which, once again, nobody saw.
- Inside Man – The lone bright spot. Barely.
- Deja Vu – A movie that caused Richard Roeper to say he expected Washington to turn to the camera at one point and say, “Do you believe any of this?”
- American Gangster – The must run-of-the-mill/overrated movie of the decade.
- The Great Debaters – I don’t know what that is, but he supposedly directed it.
- The Taking of Pelham 123 – “You’re taller than I thought. You’re good-lookin’ too!”
- The Book of Eli – “It’s not a bomb, it’s a weapon!” (paraphrased)
- Unstoppable – This release. The film that broke the record for most cliches ever in its trailer.
Take a look at that resume. Doesn’t it make you wonder: Is Denzel Washington even a movie star anymore?
And Just So You Know, This DVD Exists…
Master P’s back! In DVD form.