This week’s episode of “Nikita” entitled “The Next Seduction” was all about “living the lie.” Both Nikita and Alex had their fair share of personal struggles in the romance department, but that doesn’t mean there was a shortage of ass-kicking. CIA buff Ryan Fletcher returned to the fold and of all people he sent Nikita on a deadly mission. Check out what else happened this week…
- Director: David Solomon
- Writer: Carlos Coto
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Tiffany Hines, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley
Episode Title: “The Next Seduction”
Ryan Fletcher overhears some dangerous chatter while working in the CIA offices and he enlists Nikita’s help when a government liaison is killed. He believes that another terrorist attack on U.S. soil will take place if they don’t find the killer, and the dirty bomb they’re trying to detonate. On the other hand, Alex is getting closer to her neighbor Nathan, which Michael strongly advices against.
- Return of Gogol and Ari: I love Ari and I love Gogol. They’re the only other private operation (that we know of) that can compete with Division. I want to see Percy and Ari face to face. They’re both smug and they both think they’re invincible but in my opinion, Ari seems much more badass.
- Michael is Batman: On a lighter note, this week Nathan said what I think everyone has been thinking. Michael DOES sound like Batman! When I first started watching this show, I wondered what was up with Shane West’s voice and now we know. He’s doing his best Batman impersonation.
- Michael is a C*ckblocker: Michael really doesn’t want Alex to have a social life or any male companions. He barged in on her and Nathan’s dinner, and then he made her seem like some type of high class hooker. Was he jealous or just genuinely concerned? That’s confusion is what makes the scenario interesting.
- Magic Heels: What is it with Nikita and magical high heel shoes? Last week she broke off a pair of heels and turned them into flats, which woudn’t necessarily work since the shoes have a higher arch in them. This week she actually used a heel as a USB device. It felt like I was watching an old episode of “Batman.” What’s next, a banana phone?
- Moving too Fast: Even though Michael was completely out of line this week, he did have a point about Alex’s budding relationship. Her and Nathan are moving too fast. Their conversation at the end of the episode was something you’d expect to hear from people who’d been dating seriously for months. This is what, they’re third or fourth conversation?
This week’s episode was great but only because of the return of Gogal. I’m hoping that they become a recurring element on the show much like Owen aka Devon Sawa.
“Nikita” airs on The CW on Thursdays at 9 pm.
What did you think of this week’s episode of Nikita?