This week’s episode of “Nikita” was entitled “Coup de Grace” and it centered on what else…a prince and his princess. Now that our favorite spy has linked up with her sidekick Alex on the outside, their missions are getting more intense. This time, they have to stop an assassination, an overzealous group leader, and Michael from killing a future king and a room full of hostages! Check out the review to see what happened…
- Director: Nathan Hope
- Writer: Albert Kim
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Tiffany Hines, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley
Episode Title: “Coup de Grace”
In “Coup de Grace,” Alex is assigned to a group whose sole purpose is to assassinate a young prince, which in turn will give his bride to be full power over the throne. Once her and Nikita are both inside they learn that the bride, Princess Kristina is behind the attempt and Nikita tries to save Prince Malik and his true love Leela from an unsavory fate.
- The Prince/Leela: Even though his life was on the line, the love and dedication the prince had for Leela was admirable. I thought at some point he would throw her under the bus or she would betray him but that moment never happened.
- Alex: Alex is getting really good at this covert/mole stuff. The over the top dialogue with Nikita that was filled with subliminal messages was a nice touch. Sure she broke Leela’s finger in the process but in the end she saved her life. Would you rather have a broken finger or a shattered skull from a bullet wound?
- Caught in the Act: Speaking of Alex’s tactics, we knew something would tip off Michael regarding her behavior. Everything else looked up to code but Nikita calling her on Leela’s headset seemed like a dumb move. The entire place was surrounded by cameras, and at the end of the episode it looked as if Michael was getting a close look at what she was really saying to Nikita. The look of concern on her face when she got the call was a dead giveaway.
- Princess Kristina: Were we really supposed to be surprised that Princess Kristina was behind the attempted assassination of her husband to be? I get that it was supposed to be a “shocking” but that’s been done before. Give us something new please.
- Leela Pushing Buttons: Leela was getting a little too close for comfort when she was dropping hints to Kristina about knowing the truth. All she had to do was sit down and be quiet, but she kept pushing Kristina’s buttons. She even went on to question Alex about her involvement. Live now, question later!
This week’s episode was decent but not great. At the center of it all was a sweet love story but other than that there’s nothing to write home about. Plus, Birkhoff was seriously M.I.A., and so was creepy Amanda. What’s up with that?
“Nikita” airs every Thursday on The CW at 9 pm.
What did you think of this week’s episode of Nikita?