Natalie Portman is all that and a bag of chips! After winning the Golden Globe for Best Actress last weekend, her latest films are topping the charts. When Black Swan (review) first hit theaters more than a month ago, it was only playing in select cities. Now, the psychological thriller is about to hit its two-month mark as a wide release! No Strings Attached (review) is Portman’s latest and it came in at number one at the box office, like we predicted. With her theatrical success and a future Oscar nomination on the horizon, Ms. Portman is definitely having a good month!
Check out the weekend box office below…
- No Strings Attached | NEW | Paramount | Weekend Gross $20,300,000 | Average Per Theater $6,726 | Total Gross $20,300,000 | Film’s Budget – $25 | Week 1
- The Green Hornet | Last Week #1 | Sony | Weekend Gross $18,100,000 | Average Per Theater $5,050 | Total Gross $63,441,000 | Film’s Budget – $120 | Week 2
- The Dilemma | Last Week #2 | Universal | Weekend Gross $9,727,000| Average Per Theater $3,305 | Total Gross $33,364,000 | Film’s Budget – $70 | Week 2
- The King’s Speech | Last Week #4 | Weinstein | Weekend Gross $9,164,000 | Average Per Theater $5,455 | Total Gross $58,622,000 | Film’s Budget – $15 | Week 9
- True Grit | Last Week #3 | Paramount | Weekend Gross $8,000,000 | Average Per Theater $2,309 | Total Gross $138,633,000 | Film’s Budget – $38 | Week 5
- Black Swan | Last Week #5 | Fox Searchlight | Weekend Gross $6,200,000| Average Per Theater $2,576 | Total Gross $83,581,000 | Film’s Budget – $13 | Week 8
- The Fighter | Last Week #9 | Paramount | Weekend Gross $4,515,000 | Average Per Theater $1,985 | Total Gross $73,031,000 | Film’s Budget – $25 | Week 7
- Little Fockers | Last Week #6 | Universal | Weekend Gross $4,394,000 | Average Per Theater $1,475 | Total Gross $141,186,000 | Film’s Budget – $100 | Week 5
- Yogi Bear | Last Week #8 | Warner Brothers | Weekend Gross $4,060,000 | Average Per Theater $1,618 | Total Gross $88,890,000 | Film’s Budget – $80 | Week 6
- Tron Legacy | Last Week #7 | Buena Vista | Weekend Gross $3,708,000 | Average Per Theater $1837 | Total Gross $163,268,000 | Film’s Budget – $170 | Week 6
Even though The Dilemma (review) is at number three, the earnings were low for its second week. The King’s Speech (review) also had a rocky beginning but now, week after week, stays afloat in the top five. Also, The Fighter (review) seemed to be on its way out of the top ten last week but luckily made a comeback at number seven.
What did you watch this weekend?