In this week’s episode of “Nikita” entitled “All the Way,” Percy and Division got a little too close to Nikita and Alex’s undercover operation. After months of build up Percy finally came face to face with the woman he’s been trying to find all season. There was a lot of ass-kicking, a lot of torture, and unfortunately at the end of it all an unnecessary death. Check out our review…
- Director: Terrence O’Hara
- Writer: Craig Silverstein
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley, Robin Givens
Episode Title: “All The Way”
In “All the Way” Alex receives an assignment, that if successfully completed will move her from recruit to field agent. The only downside is that in order to do it, she has to execute her first kill. Birkhoff locates the hidden shell program that Nikita has been using to contact her mole inside Division, which they use to smoke her out. Jaden shows Thom the little tool that Alex has been using to gain access to closed quarters, which leads to a fatal showdown between him and Alex at the end of the episode.
- Nikita vs the World: Maggie Q is nowhere near as muscular as I’d like her to be but she put my worries about her physical capabilities to rest last night. It started with the pull up she did on the chains she was tied to, then her fighting all the recruits including Jaden, taking them down one by one. It was pretty impressive. It was like watching the lady version of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.
- Ms. Miracle the Wedding Planner: First Devon Sawa, then Russell Wong, and now Robin Givens has made a guest appearance on this show. Are they trying to bring everyone from my childhood back into the limelight? It’s great that someone’s willing to give these actors some screen time. Keep it up.
- Amanda is Scary: I’ve been saying this since day one, Amanda is a psycho. In many ways I fear her more than Percy and Nikita must feel the same way because her eyes widened in fear when she walked into the room. Amanda showed Nikita tapes of her dead fiance and reinforced the idea that she was a killer. That lady is good.
- The Dead Man Did It: I’m starting to notice a trend with Division agents and their framing methods. Last week they killed and framed a C.I.A. director and this week Alex did the same thing to Thom. Can no one rest in peace?
- Thom is a Goner: I actually liked Thom. He was a good kid, he just had a crappy job. The fact that Alex shot him, albeit by accident, was a sad sight to see.
- Shell Program Exposed: Birkhoff discovered the shell system that Alex and Nikita have been using to communicate with each other. For a moment this really had me worried and then I realized, why don’t Nikita and Alex have some type of code to use with each other just in case their im’s are discovered? No one should be able to just type “Where are you?” They should have to prove that they’re them first then you respond. Percy’s going to really crack the whip on everyone now.
“All the Way” was one of the best action episodes of “Nikita” this season.
“Nikita” airs on The CW Thursdays at 9 pm.
What did you think of last night’s episode of Nikita?