Thursday night, “Nikita” returned to The CW with an all new episode entitled, “Dark Matter” and she wasn’t alone. Devon Sawa returned as Owen, the Guardian gone rogue, and the former Division stars joined forces to find and destroy the black boxes. There was great action, great revelations, and a great promise of what we might see in the future. Check out our review…
- Director: Danny Cannon
- Written By: Carlos Coto
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Tiffany Hines, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley, Devon Sawa
Episode Title: “Dark Matter”
Owen returns and asks Nikita for help after he leaks some top secret video footage to the news. It shows that the U.S. government was behind an assassination in South America and it has Division and every other agency in a tizzy. As a cover, Percy decides to frame a young C.I.A. agent for the murder and Nikita and Owen make it their mission to warn and rescue him. Back at the training facility, Alex has to find the engineer responsible for handling the info on the black boxes, and Jaden (as usual) lurks in the shadows trying to figure her out.
- The Odd Couple: Nikita and Owen are like the odd couple of action stars. Even though their personalities clash, they’re fighting styles are similar and they’re damn fun to watch. Hopefully, they make Owen a recurring character because he brings something out in her that no one else does.
- The Action: Why is it that in every episode Owen appears, the action on this show looks 10 times better? Seriously, the editing wasn’t as choppy, and their were some logical yet cool moves thrown in. And in terms of gun play, did they really give Michael a missile launcher? Can The CW afford that type of damage?
- Birkhoff Met His Match: Birkhoff usually has the best and funniest lines on the show. The character thinks he’s smarter than everyone else so it was hilarious to see him get put in his place by the weird, eccentric engineer.
- Blame it on the Rain: Percy is one devious S.O.B. After he failed to successfully frame Fletcher, he went after the guy’s boss. He made it look like his director committed suicide and set up a web of lies to damage his name so he could cover his own tracks. And of course, Percy’s favorite assassin was there to do the job. That guy is so creepy. He’s almost as bad as The Observers on “Fringe.”
- Jaden: Nancy Drew is at it again and this time she found a piece of evidence that proves that Alex is more than she seems. Can we just terminate Jaden already? The character is one-note and she has no personality. Even Percy throws out a hilarious line or two every now and again.
- The Engineer: Did Percy really have to kill the engineer? He liked Mortal Kombat. How can you murder anyone who likes Mortal Kombat?!
“Dark Matter” was a great way to kick off the rest of the season after the holiday break. We discovered how ruthless Percy can be, and we learned that Owen and Nikita have great fighting chemistry (maybe a little bit more).
“Nikita” airs on The CW Thursdays at 9 pm.
What did you think of this week’s episode of Nikita?