This week on “Castle,” Beckett and Castle investigate the murder of a NYC subway worker found shot to death in Central Park. When a young boy is violently abducted, the team must race the clock to unravel the motives behind the kidnapping. Can the team find the boy and bring both a kidnapper and a murderer to justice? Find out in our review below…
- Director: Bryan Spicer
- Writers: Matt Pyken
- Cast: Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic, Jon Huertas, Seamus Dever, Molly C. Quinn, Susan Sullivan, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Tamala Jones
Episode: “Murder Most Fowl”
Castle and Beckett search for the murderer of a NYC subway worker found murdered while birdwatching in Central Park. It leads them through many twists and turns, pointing them to the true killer: a man abducting a young boy. Castle and Beckett put their light-hearted banter about murderous birds aside to catch the kidnapper/murderer and save the boy. Meanwhile, Alexis watches Ashley’s pet rat for him, and accidentally loses it in her house.
- Martha Stays in a Hotel: When Alexis loses Theodore, Ashley’s pet rat, Martha dramatically packs a suitcase and heads to a hotel, right in character, and hilariously charging the room to Castle.
- Alexis and Ashley: When Alexis is faced with the challenge of taking care of Ashley’s rat, Theodore, she takes care to follow its special diet and everything. Castle points out that the two are taking their relationship to the next level by sharing responsibilities of a pet, since Ashley trusts her to take care of Theodore. When she loses the rat, we see Ashley’s nice personality, and we like seeing him with Alexis even more.
- Castle’s Theories: Castle’s far-fetched theories about murderous birds of prey attacking those who watch them gets a bit tiring when they turn into tall tales. Luckily, though, Beckett is sure to keep him on track by interrupting him when he gets over the top and making fun of his theories.
- Castle: “What’s the strangest pet you ever had?” Beckett: “you.”
- Castle: “That’s why you’ll never be a best-selling author. No sense of drama.”
- Castle: “Must the rat always be a derogatory? you know in the Chinese zodiac…” Beckett interrupts.
Castle and Beckett solve another case, even saving a young boy this week. Alexis and Ashley become even closer. What crime will Beckett and Castle solve next week?
“Castle” airs Monday nights at 10pm on ABC.
Agree? Disagree? Let us know in the comments!