Are you still waiting to get your badges for 2011 San Diego Comic-Con? Originally, the tickets went on sale on November 1st but due to overwhelming activity on the convention website the sale was shut down (the servers crashed). We later learned that they would announce a new date on November 8th, and here it is! Tickets will once again be available for purchase on November 22, 2010 at 6 am.
As stated in our previous post:
David Glanzer, Comic-Con’s Director of Marketing and Public Relations said, “With the impressive roster of talent we already have lined up for 2011, we expect that enthusiasm to continue and for the 2011 show to be one to remember.” Some of the confirmed guests include…
- Jordi Bernet (Spanish comics artist known in the U.S. for the hardboiled Torpedo series and for DC’s Jonah Hex) Patricia Briggs (Author, Mercy Thompson and Alpha and Omega series)
- Jo Chen (Award-winning cover artist for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Runaways)Alan Davis (British writer/artist on such titles as Captain Britain, Excalibur and JLA: The Nail; currently artist on Avengers Prime)
- David Finch (Artist known for Cyberforce, Avengers, New Avengers, and Brightest Day covers; he’s now writing and drawing Batman: The Dark Knight)
- Dave Gibbons (British artist on the classic Watchmen comics series, and Give Me Liberty/Martha Washington; writer/artist, The Originals graphic novel)
- Kim Harrison (Author, Rachel Morgan, Madison Avery series)
- Jonathan Hickman (Writer, Fantastic Four, Secret Warriors, and S.H.I.E.L.D.)
- John Higgins (Long-time British artist on 2000 AD titles; colorist on the classic Watchmen comics series)
- Charlie Huston (Crime/horror novelist, Hank Thompson series, Joe Pitt Casebooks; comic book writer, Wolverine: The Best There Is, Moon Knight)
- Jamal Igle (Artist (Marvel, Image, Devils Due, Disney), whose latest work includes Supergirl)
- Richard Kyle (Writer, Graphic Story Magazine, highly influential fanzine of the 1960s; coined the term “graphic novel” in 1964)
- Rebecca Moesta (Co-author (with Kevin J. Anderson), Star Wars Young Jedi Knights series,Crystal Doors series; author, Buffy novels)
- Christopher Moore (Author, humorous vampire novels, including Bite Me: A Love Story, You Suck: A Love Story, Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story, etc.)
- Bill Schelly (Historian of comics fandom; books include The Golden Age of Comics Fandom, biographies of Joe Kubert and Otto Binder, etc.)
- Frank Stack (Pioneering underground cartoonist (as “Foolbert Sturgeon”), artist on many of Harvey Pekar’s American Splendor stories as well as the graphic novel Our Cancer Year)
- Mark Tatulli (Cartoonist with two ongoing syndicated strips: Lio and Heart of the City)
- Roy Thomas (One of the first fans to become a pro: published early 1960s fanzine Alter Ego, went on to be editor-in-chief at Marvel and write titles such as Conan; currently editing revived Alter Ego magazine)
- Maggie Thompson (Editor of Comics Buyers Guide; co-creator of Comic Art, one of the earliest comics fanzines in 1961) Scott Westerfeld (Author, Uglies, Midnighters series)
Comic-Con International: San Diego runs from July 21-24.
Do you plan on attending Comic-Con next year?
Source: Comic Alliance