Thursday night, “Nikita” returned after a one week hiatus with the episode “Resistance.” It was a revealing look at how creepy and controlling Division really is with their recruits and full time employees . Nikita learned the secret of a lifetime from her new roommate/captive Owen and Percy noticed a new found connection between Michael and Alex. Check out the review…
- Director: Guy Ferland
- Writer: Kalinda Vasquez
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley, Devon Sawa
Episode Title: “Resistance”
“Resistance” was all about testing people’s limits. Percy (Berkeley) set up a simulated kidnapping for Alex (Fonseca) to see how she’d react in the scenario. Things went a little too far when she shot and killed her captive and went on the run in the middle of the night. Michael (West), who had been against the training exercise from the beginning went after her, and found her in a gas station parking lot.
When they returned to Division, we learned that Percy was not only testing Alex but also Michael to see if he had taken any special interest in her like he did Nikita (Q). Speaking of the title character, she spent some quality time with the recuperating Owen (Sawa), who revealed that he was the one who killed the love of her life.
- Michael/Alex: Michael is showing his true colors. Throughout this entire episode he was all about Alex. He was on the edge of his seat during the training exercises and attempted to stop them more than once. When the fake hostage situation went too far he made it his business to find and rescue Alex. When he located her he looked into her eyes and said, “I’m not gonna lose you too.” I can’t wait to see where this relationship goes.
- Family Movie Night: During the “hostage” situation, Michael, Percy, Amanda, and Birkhoff were watching the entire thing from television monitors. It was like their very own movie night. At one point, Birkhoff and Amanda were talking and Percy said, “Shush, I’m trying to watch.”
- Amanda: Melinda Clarke never ceases to amaze on this show. She is cold blooded. As much as the writers try to hype up Percy as the big bad, Amanda is much worse. It’s like she has no soul. When Alex shot that agent she didn’t even blink.
- Owen’s The Reaper: Owen revealed to Nikita that his real job in Division wasn’t to be a guardian, it was to be a reaper. He killed agents and their loved ones on Percy orders. One of them being her dead fiance.
- Percy: It’s no secret that Xander Berkeley isn’t my favorite actor on the show. Most of the time he comes across as trying too hard but this week he was actually good. He might have found the right tone for his character. Instead of playing Percy like the ultimate evil, he acted more like a douchebag, which works a lot better.
- Bedside Confessions: Owen and Nikita spent 98% of the episode in the same location. It was visually boring. I get that they were trying to form some type of rapport between them so we could find out the truth about his past but sometimes it got a little heavy.
I really enjoyed this episode. The action was great, several revelations were made, Percy’s coming into his own, and we’re starting to see another side of Michael. I’m interested in seeing how far his relationship will go with Alex, and learning how far it went with Nikita in the past. And can we make Owen a regular on the show? He would be a great foil for Michael.
“Nikita” airs on The CW, Thursdays at 9 PM
What did you think of this week’s episode of Nikita?