This week on “Weeds” the family finds an RV. Andy drives them to a frontier town where he becomes a pastor, Doug gets pulled over, Nancy sleeps with a bartender. Oh, and Silas wants a normal life. Is their stay at the Pioneer Town a much-needed hilarious break from the Botwins’ family drama? Read the review below to find out…
- Director: Scott Ellis (I)
- Writers: Victoria Morrow
- Cast: Mary-Louise Parker, Justin Kirk, Hunter Parrish, Alexander Gould, Kevin Nealon, Mark-Paul Gosselaar
Episode Title: “Gentle Puppies”
Mix a hash-mobile, a shortage of water, and a boring pioneer town with the Botwins and you get fake preachers, kiddie pools, washing machines full of hash, and pitchforks and torches.
- Nancy Hits More Than Just the Bar: What could be more interesting than Nancy taking down the “No ladies at the bar” sign in order to serve herself shots and dance on it? Having a steamy sex scene with the super-hot bartender, of course! Too bad Jake (the bartender) turns out to be married.
- Andy and Doug: Andy and Doug get pulled over for speeding, but the officer lets them go. Upon arrival, they waste no time stealing an old lady’s water as soon as they get to their destination. Even better, Andy pretends to be a preacher and baptizes the lady’s grandson, adding insult to injury.
- Silas: Okay, okay. So the fact that Silas is under the weird category is no surprise after Episode 6 depicted him as a total creeper. But this time it’s for saying he wants to have a normal life. Like that’s ever going to happen.
- The Kiddie Pool: The fact that Andy performs his baptism in a kiddie-pool should have been a sign of his fraudulence. But it made the scene even funnier.
- Dean and the FBI: An FBI Agent with a video camera trying to find Nancy’s whereabouts through Dean upped the suspense. Good thing it seems the Botwins’ aren’t settling down anytime soon.
- “Jesus saves.” -Andy
- “(You) didn’t even try to bargain. What’s the matter with you? Where’s your Jewish at?” – Andy to Silas
- “Hey, I didn’t get your name.” – Jack to Nancy; “No, you didn’t.” – Nancy’s reply
- “I want those washers going 24/7. This family’s going to make hash-lots of it…Won’t that be nice?” – Nancy
Except for the fact that Silas acted like the most normal in the family, the entire episode was chock full of antics. And what could be funnier than the family getting ran out of town by a pitchfork-wielding town members?
Watch “Weeds” on Mondays at 10pm on Showtime.
Agree? Disagree? Let us know in the comments!