On this week’s episode of “Castle” entitled “Punked,” a man is killed with a 200-yr-old bullet, Esposito is hurt, and Castle learns new information about Alexis’ new friend Ashley. So is the killer a time-traveler as Castle suspects? Will Castle get along with Ashley? Read below to find out!
- Director: Rob Bowman
- Writers: David Grae
- Cast: Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic, Jon Huertas, Seamus Dever, Molly C. Quinn, Susan Sullivan, Ruben Santiago, Tamala Jones
When a mathematician is murdered with a 200-yr-old bullet, Castle comes up with an imaginative theory that the killer traveled through time, throwing him and Beckett’s investigation into a world full of Victorian clothing and antique collectibles. Meanwhile, Alexis falls in love with Ashley, whom Castle discovers is her boyfriend. Beckett goes on a date with Owen and Castle is heartbroken.
- Alexis and Castle’s Relationship: Castle may be humorously overprotective of Alexis, especially since she’s the most responsible and trustworthy one in the family. But that’s what we love about them.
- Subcultures: the show has always had a knack for finding and presenting an interesting view of subcultures in New York City that most viewers never knew existed. This time, Castle and Beckett investigate a group of antique gun enthusiasts who celebrate the style and inventions of the 1890′s. And, as usual, Castle dresses up in a goofy costume.
- Beckett’s Date: When Beckett’s date comes to pick her up, tension fills the air. Castle is a bit heartbroken that Beckett didn’t tell him she was seeing anyone.
- Esposito’s Injury: The first suspect hurts Esposito. Esposito wears a neck brace. Second suspect tackles Esposito. As much as we dislike the fact that he’s hurt, we can’t stop laughing.
- Time-traveling Jokes: Funny as they may have been, the whole time-traveling theory became a bit hackneyed after the introduction of the car resembling the one in Back to the Future aka The DeLorean.
- “Diva’s honor-[Alexis] didn’t tell me anything.” – Martha to Castle
- “Sadly, I don’t have a better theory at this point.” -Beckett in response to one of Castle’s time-traveling speculations
- “All the songs make sense.” – Beckett telling Castle how a girl knows she’s in love
- “You can go home and take a couple of days off” – Chief to Esposito; “Yeah, you could read Naked Heat.” -Castle to Esposito
While the jokes about time-traveling were funny, there were way too many of them. On the other hand, Esposito’s neck brace was hilarious, and the touching father-daughter moments between Castle and Alexis were perfect. In lieu of Beckett’s date with Owen, will Castle find someone else to love? Tune in next week to find out!
“Castle” airs Mondays at 10pm on ABC.
Get more of the best TV on ScreenCrave!
Do you agree? Let us know in the comments!