This week’s episode of “Nikita” entitled “The Guardian” featured a male version of the rogue agent. He was just as fast, just as smart, and he was played by Devan Sawa! Welcome Owen to the show everybody! Besides him, a lot of the internal relationships between characters took a surprising turn, even the one between Michael and Percy. The info he found out about the Division last week must have really shook him up.
Check out this week’s review…
- Director: David Solomon
- Writer: Albert Kim
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Tiffany Hines, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley, Sebastien Roberts
Episode Title: “The Guardian”
The Division’s secrets are at risk of being revealed when an operative becomes a fugitive. Devon Sawa guest stars as a “courier” with a special package for them, a black box that contains all the information (leverage) that Percy needs to keep the government off his back. Unfortunately, Nikita learns about this from Alex the mole, and she finds a way to coerce Owen over to her side, but his decision in too late for his girlfriend Emily (Bianca Lawson) who becomes a casualty.
- Where has Devon Sawa Been?: Seriously, when he first came on screen I had no idea that this was the same actor who appeared in almost ever kids movie produced from 1990 – 1996. Sawa proved that he’s not a child any more and can kick ass with the best of them. Nikita seems to be bringing nineties stars back to the forefront, last week it was Russell Wong, who’s next?
- Stan Lee: Was this episode sponsored by Marvel? What was up with Stan Lee’s cameo appearance? He played one of the customers who was held up during the bank robbery getting interviewed by the local news. It was completely random, but it’s Stan, so we’ll take it.
- The Godfather III Flashback: Emily got shot in the chest: When Emily got shot did anyone else have a [Spoiler] flashback to when Sofia Coppola’s character got popped at the end of The Godfather III? She had that same blank look on her face too.
- Liar/Liar: Both Alex and Nikita lied to each other at the end of the episode. They claimed that there were no new complications when in actuality they’ve both got boys on the brain. Alex with Thom and Nikita with Owen, who happens to be recovering in her bed wearing nothing but his undies.
- Poor Thom: Speaking of Thom, he got his feelings hurt badly this week. We all knew that he had a crush on Alex but who knew she would shut him down so quickly? It was almost unnatural. He kissed her, she said don’t, he felt embarrassed, and asked her to leave. All that occurred within 20 seconds. Talk about a mediocre pay-off.
- Stay Away From my Man: Since Jaden has nothing else better to do than be the school bully, she once again tried to start a fight with Alex. This shtick of hers is getting real old. This time she came at her head first with a “Don’t mess with my man” type of attitude and Alex told her straight up that she wasn’t interested in Thom.
- Bianca Lawson: Lawson has been acting since she was a kid (remember her as Megan on “Saved by the Bell: The New Class?”) but her acting on here was God-awful. I mean it was terrible. No personality, just stale and fragile. Her death didn’t come a moment too soon.
“The Guardian” proved to be an interesting episode in more ways than one. Everyone’s relationships are changing, and it looks like Owen might be around for the foreseeable future. I hope so because he’s had the best fight scenes on the show thus far and I’d love to see how Michael would react to him and Nikita teaming up.
“Nikita” airs Thursdays on The CW at 9 PM
What did you think of last night’s episode? Do you agree? Disagree? Leave it in the comments section.