This weekend Alice is back with those damn zombies for Resident Evil: Afterlife. Milla Jovovich returns as the heroine in the Paul WS Anderson franchise and she’s bringing Ali Larter and Wentworth Miller with her. The latest sequel is in 3D and is set to feature some revolutionary special effects because it was shot with the same cameras used by James Cameron for Avatar (rolls eyes).
There’s also the highly anticipated “documentary” from Casey Affleck called I’m Still Here that features a missing year in actor-turned-rapper Joaquin Phoenix’s life. It’s been getting some questionable reviews but people still want to see it.
Check out what else is opening this week…
If you’re in the mood for a really low budget teen sex comedy directed towards the YouTube generation, check out The Virginity Hit. It’s produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay and centers on a boy who plans on losing his virginity on the internet for all his friends to see.
If you want to see what would have happened if the WB series “Dawson’s Creek” was never canceled give The Romantics a try. It stars Katie Holmes, Josh Duhamel, and Anna Paquin, and it looks just like an episode of the old teen drama. It’s filled with long stares, sappy dialogue, and contrived love triangles.
- Resident Evil: Afterlife | Reviews | Tickets and Showtimes
- I’m Still Here| ScreenCrave Venice Film Festival Review | Reviews| Tickets and Showtimes
- The Virginity Hit | ScreenCrave Review | Reviews | Tickets and Showtimes
- Heartbreaker [Limited] | Reviews | Tickets and Showtimes
- Legendary [Limited] | Reviews |Tickets and Showtimes
- Bran Nue Dae [Limited] | Reviews |Tickets and Showtimes
- The Romantics [Limited] | Reviews |Tickets and Showtimes
Resident Evil Afterlife
I’m Still Here
The Virginity Hit
What movies will you be seeing this weekend?