This week a lot of ass-kicking movies are hitting the theater including Scott Pilgrim vs the World and The Expendables. Pilgrim is based on the comic of the same name and stars Michael Cera as a guy who must defeat his girlfriend’s seven evil exes if he wants to continue dating her. It’s directed by Edgar Wright and is filled with colorful graphics, amped up fight scenes, and lots of comedy. On the grittier side we have Sylvester Stallone, and 90 percent of the world’s top action stars in The Expendables. It’s a film about “guns for hire” who try to take down a corrupt, South American dictator. It co-stars Stallone, Jason Statham and Jet Li.
See what other movies are opening this week…
On the peaceful side of things there’s Julia Roberts’ new flick Eat, Pray, Love, which is based on the book of the same name. It’s about a recently divorced woman who decides to travel the world and find herself. It’s directed by “Glee” creator Ryan Murphy and co-stars Javier Bardem, James Franco, and Richard Jenkins. On the indie front there’s Animal Kingdom, a gritty crime family drama from Australia that stars Guy Pearce, Joel Edgerton, and newcomer James Frechville.
- Scott Pilgrim vs The World | ScreenCrave Review | Reviews | Interview with Edgar Wright | Interview with Michael Cera and Jason Schwartzman | Interview with Anna Kendrick | Interview with Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Ellen Wong
- The Expendables | ScreenCrave Review | Reviews
- Eat, Pray, Love | ScreenCrave Review | Reviews
- Animal Kingdom [LA/NY] | Sundance Review | Reviews | Interview with David Michod
- Tales from Earthsea [Limited] | Reviews
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Eat, Pray, Love
What movie are you going to see this weekend?