2010 marks the 100th anniversary of when Krazy Kat was first beaned on the head by Ignatz Mouse as was drawn by American cartoonist George Herriman, so where better to celebrate than at Comic-Con, the mother of all comic-book strips! Today, Friday, July 23rd there will be a Tiger Tea Party hosted by Craig Yoe and IDW Publishing.
Check out details below…
Following the Tiger Tea party, the Krazy Kat’s 100th Anniversary Celebration panel will begin. There will be a huge showing of unpublished strips, drawings and paintings, and a lively discussion with classic comic experts. Among those experts will be Douglas Wolk (Reading Comics) and Pete Maresca (Krazy Kat: A Celebration of Sundays).
There will also be an in-depth discussion of a century of Krazy and Ignatz and the panel will be capped off by an exclusive world premier of a 1930s home movie of George Herriman.
The panel will start today at 4 pm in Room 9 followed by the party later today at 5:30 pm at the IDW booth. Please note that IDW, nor Craig Yoe are responsible if you party too hard and get thrown out or arrested. Just saying!
Will you be going to Krazy Kat’s 100th Anniversary celebration party?
Like what you read? For more fun, check out our top stories from Comic-Con…
- Watch Ryan Reynolds Recite the Green Lantern Oath to a Little Boy
- Sucker Punch Footage First Look
- Drive Angry 3D Just because It’s Here Doesn’t Mean It’s Wanted
- Thor Footage First Look
- Green Lantern Footage First Look
- Don’t be Afraid of the Dark Press Conference Ghost Story
- Comic-Con 2010 Costumes
- Cowboys and Aliens Footage Description
- Green Lantern Photos of Abin Sur
- Supernatural Season 6 Sneak Peek with Panel Video