Finally someone knows how to execute a real action film! One that has your heart racing from start to end, has you jumping in your seats, rooting for the characters and kick-ass fight scenes with ever weapon imaginable. Nimród Antal and Robert Rodriguez team up to form one bad-ass sequel worthy of the Predator name with their new film Predators.
Check out the full review on how they made this movie a success below…
- Director: Nimród Antal
- Written By: Alex Litvak and Michael Finch
- Characters by: Jim Thomas and John Thomas
- Producer: Robert Rodriguez, Elizabeth Avellan, John Davis
- Actors: Adrien Brody, Topher Grace, Alice Braga, Walton Goggins, Oleg Taktarov, Laurence Fishburne, Danny Trejo, Louis Ozawa Changchien
A group of elite warriors are hunted by members of a merciless alien race known as Predators.
- Jump Start: The opening shot of this movie is pure awesome-ness and sets the pace for the entire film. What a better way to jump into a world than to literally jump into a world?! From the first moment of the film they get your heart pumping and it doesn’t let up until the credits roll.
- The Minimal Dialogue: This isn’t the type of film that we want to listen to people talk in, this is a serious action film. With minimal explanation and a few fun actiony one-liners, it does what it needs to, leaves the talking to a minimum and constantly moves from one moment to the next.
- Fight Scenes: They literally have just about every type of fight scene you love in one film. They use guns, bombs, swords, poison, basically anything they could get their hands on to bring you something fun. The fight scenes are full of suspense and exhilarating to watch.
- Camera Movement: Nimród uses the camera to make the audience feel like they’re a part of the on screen world and proves that you don’t need 3D glasses to do it (take that Cameron!). He uses some great POV shots that make you feel like you’re running and jumping with the pack which as a result make you feel more invested in the story. Great camera work!
- Tone: This is probably the first good serious action film of the summer. We’ve had a number of playful action films (The A-Team, The Losers) but this one isn’t fucking around, it takes its action and story seriously and you can feel it in the audience.
- Cliches: So many films try to surprise you with scary moments. For example: Normally you see someone about to open a door, the music builds, they open it, nothing is there, the music stops and then BAM! Something is behind them. This film goes back to old-fashioned scare techniques. The things that you think will scare you will scare you! It’s such a refreshing and fun experience to go through. It makes you feel like you’re a kid again.
- Few Moments of Over-Acting: For this kind of film it’s hard not to have these moments and they did a good job at avoiding them, but they were still there.
- Scare Factor: There were some great scary moments, but there could have been a bit more. It was like a taco with pico de gallo, it’s good, but it doesn’t quite have the spice you want. There are definitely a couple of good jumps, but it might have been nice to have a couple more.
Great action, tons of fun, well executed, solid cast, great summer-action flick. Get some popcorn and get ready for the ride!
Check out Predators in theaters July 9th!