Four new movies out this weekend and no new box office champion. Shrek Forever After isn’t going down without a fight! When the fourth installment in the series opened at number one, no one really noticed because it only made a reasonable amount of money and the studios were hope for more from the $165 million grand finale.
What is impressive about the film is how long it’s stayed at number one and how it’s been beating down blockbuster after blockbuster with huge names in them. Take that Bruckheimer and you Prince of Wherever! And you Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott coming together again, back off! And don’t think I’ve forgotten the Sex and the City gang who LEFT the city (how does that work)! And lets not even talk about Marmaduke!
Week after week they keep falling to its reign…
- Shrek Forever After | Last Week 1 | Paramount/Dreamworks | Weekend Gross $25,300,000 | Average Per Theater $5,768 | Total Gross $183,043,000 | Production Budget $165 | Week 3
- Get Him to the Greek | New | Universal | Weekend Gross $17,423,000 | Average Per Theater $6,460 $17,423,000 | Production Budget $40 | Week 1
- Killers | New | LGF | Weekend Gross $16,100,000 | Average Per Theater $5,631 | Total Gross $16,100,000 | Production Budget $75 | Week 1
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time | LW 3 | BV | Weekend Gross $13,900,000 | Average Per Theater $3,812 | Total Gross $59,452,000 | Production Budget $200 | Week 2
- Sex and the City 2 | LW 2 | WB (NL) | Weekend Gross $12,650,000 | Average Per Theater $3,672 | Total Gross $73,434,000 | Production Budget $100 | Week 2
- Marmaduke | New | Fox | Weekend Gross $11,300,000 | Average Per Theater $3,517 | Total Gross $11,300,000 | Production Budget $50 | Week 1
- Iron Man 2 | LW 4 | Par. | Weekend Gross $7,783,000 | Average Per Theater $2,588 | Total Gross $291,294,000 | Production Budget $200 | Week 5
- Splice | New | WB | Weekend Gross $7,450,000 | Average Per Theater $3,041 | Total Gross $7,450,000 | Production Budget $30 | Week 1
- Robin Hood | LW 5 | Uni. | Weekend Gross $5,133,000 | Average Per Theater $1,975 | Total Gross $94,262,000 | Production Budget $200 | Week 4
- Letters to Juliet | LW 6 |Summit | Weekend Gross $3,000,000 | Average Per Theater $1,529 | Total Gross $43,300,000 | Week 4
So what do you think? Will Shrek be able to take down The Karate Kid next week?