Over the past week we’ve been covering a good chunk of the network/cable unfronts for the 2010 season. TBS revealed its new fall schedule with the help of their latest on air talent, Conan O’Brien. Weeks ago it was confirmed that the former “Tonight Show” host would bring his shtick to the “very funny” network and he was on hand during their upfront presentation and brought the house down.
TBS announced that O’Brien’s new show will debut on November 8, 2010 at 11pm, which will be followed by George Lopez’s “Lopez Tonight.” While in attendance Coco brought his A-game and got the stuffy suits to loosen up. Over at Movieline they posted a rundown of his biggest jokes…
- On his partial standing ovation: “Please sit!…I love to do comedy at 10 in the morning.”
- One his recent career woes: “If anybody can explain what the f**k happened four months ago? The plot to Lost is more plausible than the last year, it makes more sense.
- On what hes been up to: “For the last 12 months, I signed on as the host of “The Tonight Show”, I launched “The Tonight Show”, I left “The Tonight Show”, I grew a beard, joined Twitter, launched a nationwide comedy tour, joined the Obama administration as undersecretary of the interior, resigned in a sex scandal, perfected the mechanical human heart, and here I am at TBS.”
- On his new beard: “I look like the Brawny paper towel guy before a bone marrow transplant.”
- On the TBS programming execs: “When I met Steve Koonin on J-Date, we clicked instantly.”
- On the importance of cable: “I don’t want to live in a country with less than six ESPNs.”
We knew “The Tonight Show” material wouldn’t be too far behind.
Are you going to tune in for Conan O’Brien’s TBS debut?