This week’s episode of “Lost” was entitled “The Candidate” and boy was it a doozy! It followed the reunited camps of Jack and Pseudo-Locke as they continued on with their quest to get off the island. What started off as a routine episode filled with tension and excitement ended up being one of the most jaw-dropping shows of the season. The writers delivered a hard hitting story and for the first time in a long time I realized the end is near…
- Director: Jack Bender
- Writers/Creator: Elizabeth Sarnoff & Jim Galasso, Damon Lindelof, Jeffrey Lieber, J.J. Abrams
- Cast: Naveen Andrews, Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Josh Holloway, Jorge Garcia, Daniel Dae Kim, Terry O’Quinn, Yunjin Kim, Jeff Fahey, Emilie de Ravin
The Show’s Plot:
“Lost” centers on the survivors of the ill fated Oceanic Flight 815 who crashed on a mysterious island. They fight the elements, the island’s mysteries, and each other while trying to survive in uncharted territory.
Title of this Week’s Episode: “The Candidate” Season 6: Episode 14
Sawyer and the rest of the castaways decide to hijack Widmore’s sub to get off the island but their plan backfires when Pseudo-Locke puts a bomb in one of their bags. This one deceptive move has a domino effect leaving several casualties in its wake.
- Sayid: Over the past few weeks he’s been a walking drone but last night he returned to his normal self. While in the submarine he jumped into action with the bomb eventually sacrificing his life. That’s the Sayid we all knew and loved.
- The Bomb: This device changed the course of the entire episode and the show. The tension between Jack and Sawyer regarding what to do was so thick you could cut it with a knife and I loved every minute of it!
- Jin/Sun: After years of being apart the couple reunited for a short time only to die hand in hand. This was one of the saddest moments of the series. If you didn’t get a little teary-eyed during that underwater scene you have no soul.
- The Emotion: After watching Sayid, Sun, and Jin become casualties of the submarine it was hard to keep my emotions in check. When Hurley started crying it just broke my heart.
- Frank: Did Frank die? We saw him collapse and hit his head in the sub but he didn’t resurface on the beach. Does that mean he’s a goner as well?
- Sawyer: When he comes to in next week’s episode he’s going to have a rude awakening. What is Jack going to say? “Hey man, while you were unconscious 4 of us died.” That’s horrible.
- Drowning: A lot of people on this show have drowned on a sub or boat. When Jin and Sun died it made me have flashbacks of Charlie’s demise a few seasons ago.
“The Candidate” was one of the best episodes this season almost beating out the premiere. After weeks of things dragging along the story and pace picked up in one fowl swoop. Four characters were “killed” off and Pseudo-Locke’s true intentions came to light. I can’t wait until the next Tuesday!
Show Airs: Tuesdays at 9pm on ABC
What did you think of last night’s episode of Lost? Did you pick up on anything I missed?