Today is the day that obsessive, compulsive Star Wars fans get to come out of hiding to express their deep rooted love for the George Lucas franchise. May 4th is unofficially known as Star Wars Day so if you see a group of people dressed from head to toe in cloaks just step aside and let them pass. In honor of the “holiday” we’ve put together some of our favorite quotes from all 6 films spanning from A New Hope to Revenge of the Sith. See if your favorite one liner made our list.
It would be easy for us to use the more well known lines from the series but we decided to switch it up a bit and highlight a few hidden jewels. Check them out…
- “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?”
- “Look sir! Droids!”
- “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”
- “Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes.”
“Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.”
- Who’s the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?
“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
- “Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder.”
- “Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.”
- “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”
Out of this bunch our favorite has to be “Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. ” That was the one line in the later trilogy that reminded us of old school Yoda. That little green guy always drops serious knowledge. Plus his inflection on the word “suffering” is what really made the quote hit home.
What’s your favorite Star Wars quote?