Technically this has NOTHING to do with movies and I shouldn’t be writing it, but I’m just so excited about it and want you all to know, so I’m going to try and give some vague tie into freebie day so I don’t get into too much trouble — watch me work! If you’re a movie lover chances are you’d rather be buying the latest Batman graphic novel, more DVDS (oh! check out our cheap DVDs section) or tickets to Kick-Ass on Twitter than spending money on something trivial like food or even worse, your taxes! Who can be bothered with such things? Especially when it’s so expensive at movie theaters! And if you’re an indie film-maker I know you have no money! Well we have some news for you — it’s freebie day!
Today, April 15, Starbucks is celebrating ‘free coffee’ day. All day today, they’ll be giving away free coffee to anyone who brings his own re-usable cup or a commuter mug in order to help you out with your taxes and show their commitment to greener options!!! And that’s not all! Check out a list of other food chains giving away free food today!
- Dairy Queen will hand out free samples of its new Mini Blizzards from their “Blizzardmobile” from noon to 1 p.m. outside the Washington, D.C. office of the IRS.
- Maggie Moo’s will give out small sample slices of its latest product, MaggieMia’s Ice Cream Pizza (in shape only!) from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Cinnabon will distribute bite-size portions of its new cupcakes from 6 to 8 p.m. local time at participating stores.
- Taco Del Mar will have free tacos available to those who download and print out a special coupon from the company’s Web site.
- Starbucks will have free coffee to fill up any reusable mug or tumbler.
- McCormick & Schmick’s is offering $10.40 food deals all day at its bar.
- P.F. Chang’s will take 15 percent off all meals, minus alcohol.
- Whole Foods is covering sales tax on grocery bills at locations in Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama.
- IHOP will offer free meals for children 12 years old and younger with each adult meal purchased all this month, from 4 to 10 p.m. each day. This deal coincides with the tax deduction that parents receive per child.
Pretty sweet and totally movie related! Don’t ya think?