This week on “Lost” we got to see a continuation of the storyline from Desmond’s previous episode. It’s entitled, “Everybody Loves Hugo” and in the flash sideaways Mr. Hume is well on his way to finding all the passengers from Flight 815 beginning with Hurley and Locke. Back on the island, Hurley’s starting to step it up a notch taking over the leadership role despite the reservations of Richard and Ilana. And speaking of Ilana, her tough as nails attitude really has an “explosive” impact on the rest of the castaways….
- Director: Jon Cassar
- Writers/Creators: Damon Lindelof, Jeffrey Lieber, J.J. Abrams
- Cast: Naveen Andrews, Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Josh Holloway, Jorge Garcia, Daniel Dae Kim, Terry O’Quinn, Michael Emerson, Yunjin Kim, Nestor Carbonell, Jeff Fahey, Zuleikha Robinson, Emilie de Ravin, Harold Perrineau, Cynthia Watros, Bruce Davison
The Show’s Plot:
“Lost” centers on the survivors of the ill fated Oceanic Flight 815 who crashed on a mysterious island. They fight the elements, the island’s mysteries, and each other while trying to survive in uncharted territory.
Title of this Week’s Episode: “Everybody Loves Hugo” Season 6: Episode 12
Hurley agonizes over what the group should do next, and Locke is curious about the new arrival to his camp. In the flash sideaways, Hurley ponders his personal life and ends up meeting a mysterious woman who turns out to be Libby. They share a connection and she eventually helps him unlock his memories from the island with Desmond lurking in the shadows.
- IIana’s Exlposive Death: Who would have thought that Ilana’s sole purpose on this show was to boss people around and then get blown to bits? That’s not the type of death we were expecting for her but it sure kept our attention.
- Jack’s Response to Ilana’s Death: Jack brought the comedy when he asked Richard what they were supposed to do now that Ilana was gone. He replied, ‘We get more dynamite or else she died for nothing.’ Jack snapped back, ‘Maybe she died to show us to stay the hell away from dynamite.’ That caused a good 10 minutes of laughter, thanks Jack. Good way to lighten the mood.
- Libby/Cynthia Watros: It was great to see Libby and Hurley back together again. Their first attempt at being a couple was abruptly cut short so it was nice to see those two on a date enjoying each other’s company.
- More Purgatory: When Michael appeared to Hurley this week he told him that he was stuck on the island because of what he did (he shot and killed Libby and Ana Lucia) so are we back to the purgatory theory or what? He went on to say that there are others like him, so I’m thinking the Man in Black is one of the oldest souls condemned to stay there. Just a hunch.
- Desmond/Locke: On the island Pseudo-Locke threw Desmond down a well and in the flash sideaway Desmond hit the real Locke with a car. Sadly I laughed during both incidents because of the blatant parallels between the two. Plus, who just hits a disabled senior citizen outside of a school and keeps going?! Desmond has balls of steel for that one.
- Bruce Davison: What was he doing that was so great? He appeared as Libby’s doctor in the psyche ward but he didn’t do anything amazing or entertaining. It seems as if they brought him on just for a cameo and that was it. He didn’t really play a major part in the story, which is sad because he’s a talented actor.
In “Everybody Loves Hugo” we realized that Hurley has stepped up from being the big guy who cracks jokes to the guy with the answers. He’s inched his way into a leadership position and is starting to make life or death decisions for the group. There were a couple of shocking “LOL” moments this week with Desmond getting pushed down a well, Ilana exploding mid-sentence, and Locke getting hit by a car. All that action led up to both camps meeting up on Pseudo-Locke’s turf. What will happen next?
Show Airs: Tuesdays at 9pm on ABC
What did you think of last night’s episode of Lost? Did you pick up on anything I missed?