Nowadays, it seems like every romance drama is based on a book by Nicholas Sparks. His latest adaptation, The Last Song is directed by Julie Anne Robinson and stars Miley Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth and Greg Kinnear. Cyrus plays Ronnie Miller, a rebellious teen and a talented musician (a real stretch there) who reluctantly moves in with her dad and finds romance with Will (Hemsworth). The plot is generic like all Sparks films, so it will be up to the actors and the director to make it worth watching.
Next we’ve got Louis Leterrier’s Clash of the Titans, which is a good alternative for those of you who are into fantasy and action. The remake of the 1981 Greek epic focuses the mortal son of Zeus who embarks on a perilous journey to stop Hades from spreading his evil to Earth as well as the heavens. The film stars Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. If you’re down for an indie drama you should check out, Shana Feste’s The Greatest, which stars Pierce Brosnan, Carey Mulligan, Susan Sarandon, and Aaron Johnson. The story is part romance, part heartbreak, part family life.
Check out all the films coming out this week…
- The Last Song | Interviews: Miley Cyrus | ScreenCrave Review| Reviews | Tickets and Showtimes
- Clash of the Titans | Interviews: Sam Worthington, Louis Leterrier |ScreenCrave Review |Reviews | Tickets and Showtimes
- Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Marred Too?|Reviews | Tickets and Showtimes
- The Greatest | Interviews: Pierce Brosnan, Carey Mulligan | Reviews | Tickets and Showtimes
- Warlords | Reviews | Tickets and Showtimes
- Don McKay | Reviews | Tickets and Showtimes
Watch the trailers below..
The Last Song
Clash of the Titans
Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married Too?
Which film are you planning on seeing this weekend?