Wow. It’s unbeatable. Tis the year for blockbusters to rule the box office! First Avatar now Alice in Wonderland (although Alice has about another month to go in order to catch up and I don’t think that anomaly will repeat itself seeing as in its 14th week it’s still on our top ten).
For it’s third week in a row, Alice has reigned the top ten beating out all three new comers, Diary of a Winpy Kid (one of the most un-advertised films I’ve seen in a LONG time), The Bounty Hunter and Repo Men. For some reason I was expecting Repo Men, a remake starring Jude Law to come in a bit higher on the charts? No one into stealing organs? I know you can’t be sick of remakes yet seeing as none of you can get enough of the Mad Hatter…
- Alice in Wonderland (2010) | Last Week 1 | BV | Weekend Gross $34,500,000 | Total Theaters 3,739 | Average Per Theater $9,227 | Total Gross $265,800,000 | Film Budget $200 | Week 3
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid | New | Fox | Weekend Gross $21,800,000 | Total Theaters 3,077 | Average Per Theater $7,085 | Total Gross $21,800,000 | Film Budget $15 | Week 1
- The Bounty Hunter | New | Sony | Weekend Gross $21,000,000 | Total Theaters 3,074 | Average Per Theater $6,831 | Total Gross $21,000,000 | Film Budget $40 | Week 1
- Repo Men | New | Uni. | Weekend Gross $6,151,000 | Total Theaters 2,521 | Average Per Theater $2,440 | Total Gross $6,151,000 | Film Budget $32 | Week 1
- She’s Out of My League | LW 3 | Par. | Weekend Gross $6,015,000 | Total Theaters 2,958 | Average Per Theater $2,033 | Total Gross $19,954,000 | Film Budget $20 | Week 2
- Green Zone | LW 2 | Uni. | Weekend Gross $5,963,000 | Total Theaters 3,004 | Average Per Theater $1,985 | Total Gross $24,702,000 | Film Budget $100 | Week 2
- Shutter Island | LW 4 | Par | Weekend Gross $4,755,000 | Total Theaters 2,704 | Average Per Theater $1,759 | Total Gross $115,770,000 | Film Budget $80 | Week 5
- Avatar | LW 7 | Fox | Weekend Gross $4,000,000 | Total Theaters 1,236 | Average Per Theater $3,236 | Total Gross $736,881,000 | Week 14
- Our Family Wedding | LW 6 | FoxS | Weekend Gross $3,800,000 | Total Theaters 1,609 | Average Per Theater $2,362 | Total Gross $13,668,000 | Week 2
- Remember Me | LW 5 | Sum. | Weekend Gross $3,300,000 | Total Theaters 2,215 | Average Per Theater $1,490 | Total Gross $13,900,000 | Film Budget $16 | Week 2
What did you pay to see? Do you think Alice can remain #1 for another week?