The winner of the 2010 Academy Award for Best Make-Up goes to Star Trek. Was there any doubt that this film would win in this category? Barney Burman, Mindy Hall and Joel Harlow accepted the award on behalf of the film and thanked director JJ Abrams for keeping them inspired and Paramount Pictures for supporting them every step of the way.
See who they beat out this year in the Best Make-Up category…
The nominees for Best Make-up:
- Il Divo– Aldo Signoretti and Vittorio Sodano
- Star Trek– Barney Burman, Mindy Hall and Joel Harlow
- The Young Victoria –Jon Henry Gordon and Jenny Shircore
Il Divo: This film, directed by Paolo Sorrentino, is about the story of Italian Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti, who has been elected to Parliament seven times since is was established in 1946. This film is half biography, half drama. It stars Toni Sevillo, Anna Bonaiuto, Giulio Bossetti.
Star Trek: The film follows a young James T. Kirk (Chris Pine) and Spock (Zachary Quinto) before they unite aboard the USS Enterprise to combat Nero (Eric Bana), a Romulan from their future who threatens the United Federation of Planets. It is the eleventh film based on the Star Trek franchise and includes all the original characters. Directed by JJ Abrams, the Sci-fi action adventure also stars Zoe Saldana and Bruce Greenwood.
The Young Victoria: This biography by Jean-Marc Vallée, is a romantic dramatization of the turbulent first years of Queen Victoria’s rule, and her legendary romance and marriage with Prince Albert. The film stars Emily Bluntas the young queen and Rubert Friend as Prince Albert.
- List of Oscar Winning Films – Best Director Winners
- List of Oscar Winning Films – Best Picture Winners
- List of Oscar Winning Films – Best Original Screenplay
- List of Oscar Winning Films – Best Adapted Screenplay