The last days of the Sundance Film Festival are upon us and that means many of the awards are starting to be announced. Just last night, the Jury Prizes as well as Honorable Mentions in Short Filmmaking were given out at the Jupiter Bowl in Park City, Utah. We don’t know how familiar you are with this category or the winners, but a lot of these guys are worth a second look.
The 2010 Short Film jurors are Sterlin Harjo (director, screenwriter, Four Sheets to the Wind; Barking Water); Brent Hoff (editor and co-founder, Wholphin DVD) and Christine Vachon (producer, Poison, Boys Don’t Cry, Hedwig and the Angry Inch). These award recipients will also be honored at the Festival’s Awards Ceremony hosted by David Hyde Pierce on Saturday, January 30.
Here are the winners…
The Jury Prize in US Short Filmmaking:
- Drunk History: Douglass & Lincoln (Directed By: Jeremy Konner, Screenwriter: Derek Waters)
The Jury Prize in International Short Filmmaking:
- Six Dollar Fifty Man (Directed By: Mark Albiston & Louis Sutherland)
- Born Sweet / USA (Director: Cynthia Wade)
- Can We Talk? / United Kingdom (Director and screenwriter: Jim Owen)
- Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No / USA (Director: James Blagden),
- How I Met Your Father / Spain (Director and screenwriter: Álex Montoya)
- Rob and Valentyna in Scotland / USA
- United Kingdom (Director: Eric Lynne; Screenwriters: Eric Lynne and Rob Chester Smith)
- Young Love / Australia (Director and screenwriter: Ariel Kleiman)
- Quadrangle / USA (Director: Amy Grappell)
Are you interesting in seeing any of the films mentioned? Are you familiar with these titles?