This May we’ll be seeing the the return of Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, and James Rhodes in the highly anticipated sequel, Iron Man 2. The billionaire’s superhero alter ego will gain a sidekick in the form of War Machine, who’ll be played by Don Cheadle. We’ve got more than a few months to wait until the movie hits screens but one dedicated fan decided to take matters into his own hands, and created a replica of the War Machine suit…
Over on Superherohype’s forums, a very dedicated Anthony Le posted several photos of his homemade War Machine costume and we have to admit it’s pretty amazing. Not only does he have the superficial design down to a science, he’s also manged to give a technological breakdown similar to what we saw Stark do in the first film. He even went as far to design “underwear armor.” The time and effort put into this deserves some type of recognition, so here’s what he’s managed to assemble for the suit so far…
- Wrist rockets w/ laser v1.0 completed
- Mini Gun simulated fire and drop lock system w/laser v1.0 completed
- Movie accurate Arch reactor v3.0
- Mid-section w/ movable plates v3.0
- underwear armor” v2.0 Completed
- Leg’s/Pants armor v3.0 Completed
- Armor shoes v1.0 Completed
- Neck cover piece armor v2.0
- Built material High Impact urethane
- over 600+ rivets and rivet washer used so far
This guy either has way too much time on his hands, or is a pure genius, you be the judge..
What do you think of this homemade War Machine costume?