It’s no surprise that The Princess and the Frog kicked ass at the box office. It’s a new Disney film with old school animation, which means that it reminds adults of their childhood and gave the new generation something to smile about without CGI or 3-D glasses.Twilight is still hanging on, but not my much. As the holidays role in, all the Oscar and Holiday films will soon take over our top ten (I can’t wait!).
Aside from that, there were no records broken this weekend at the box office. It feels like quiet before the storm, which reminds me…. we have Avatar hitting theaters next week.I wonder how big of a splash it will make.
Here are the box office numbers from this past weekend…
- The Princess and the Frog | New | BV | Weekend Gross $25,000,000 | Average Per Theater $7,280 | Total Gross $27,880,000 | Production Budget $105 | Week 1
- The Blind Side | LW 1 | WB | Weekend Gross $15,450,000 | Average Per Theater $4,560 | Total Gross $150,212,000 | Production Budget $29 | Week 4
- Invictus | New | WB | Weekend Gross $9,085,000 | Average Per Theater $4,275 | Total Gross $9,085,000 | Production Budget $60 | Week 1
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon | LW 2 | Sum. | Weekend Gross $8,000,000 | Average Per Theater $2,201 | Total Gross $267,360,000 | Production Budget $50 | Week 4
- A Christmas Carol (2009) | LW 4 | BV | Weekend Gross $6,871,000 | Average Per Theater $2,861 | Total Gross $124,464,000 | Production Budget $200 | Week 6
- Brothers | LW 3 | LGF |Weekend Gross $5,000,000 | Average Per Theater $2,395 | Total Gross$17,402,000 | Production Budget $26 | Week 2
- 2012 | LW 6 | Sony | Weekend Gross $4,400,000 | Average Per Theater $2,394 | Total Gross $155,337,000 | Production Budget $200 | Week 5
- Old Dogs | LW 5 | BV | Weekend Gross $4,396,000 | Average Per Theater $1,423 | Total Gross $39,983,000 | Production Budget $35 | Week 3
- Armored | LW 7 | SGem | Weekend Gross $3,500,000 | Average Per Theater $1,824 | Total Gross $11,747,000 | Production Budget $20 | Week 2
- Ninja Assassin | LW 8 | WB | Weekend Gross $2,710,000 | Average Per Theater $1,290 | Total Gross $34,307,000 | Production Budget $40 | Week 3
Up in the Air is stuck sitting in the 11th spot. I’m sure as all the award nods start coming in and everyone sees how great this movie is, more people will start going to see it, but I’m here to tell you it’s worth the money now! Go out, buy and ticket and get it onto our Top 10! Hey you can say you saw it before everyone else… it will make you cool. Trust me, I’m a critic
What film did you pay to see this past weekend?