So glad to see New Moon finally be dethroned from its number one spot, even if it is by Sandra Bullock‘s Oscar attempt. At least the The Blind Side has heart and a message instead of… well what exactly did New Moon have aside from some cool special effects and a couple of interesting moments with Michael Sheen?
Check out this weekends numbers…
- The Blind Side | LW 2 | WB | Weekend Gross $20,440,000 | Average Per Theater $6,146 | Total Gross $129,264,000 | Production Cost $29 | Week 3
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon | LW 1 | Sum. | Weekend Gross $15,704,000 | Average Per Theater $3,808 | Total Gross $255,639,000 | Production Cost $50 | Week 3
- Brothers | New |LGF | Weekend Gross $9,700,000 | Average Per Theater $4,646 | Total Gross $9,700,000 | Production Cost $26 | Week 1
- A Christmas Carol (2009) | LW 5 | BV | Weekend Gross $7,520,000 | Average Per Theater $2,954 | Total Gross $115,006,000 | Production Cost $200 | Week 5
- Old Dogs | LW 4 | BV | Weekend Gross $6,901,000 | Average Per Theater $2,015 | Total Gross $33,934,000 | Production Cost $35 | Week 2
- Armored | New | SGem | Weekend Gross $6,600,000 | Average Per Theater $3,446 | Total Gross $6,600,000 | Production Cost $20 | Week 1
- 2012 | LW 3 | Sony | Weekend Gross $6,600,000 | Average Per Theater $2,050 | Total Gross $148,787,000 | Production Cost $200 | Week 4
- Ninja Assassin | LW 6 | WB | Weekend Gross $5,030,000 | Average Per Theater $2,010 | Total Gross $29,790,000 | Production Cost $40 | Week 2
- Planet 51 | LW 7 |Sony | Weekend Gross $4,300,000 | Average Per Theater $1,481 | Total Gross $33,966,000 | Production Cost $70 | Week 3
- Everybody’s Fine | New | Mira. | Weekend Gross $4,027,000 | Average Per Theater $1,888 | Total Gross $4,027,000 | Production Cost $21 | Week 1
Looks like A Christmas Carol will slowly but surely make it’s money back and then some, especially if it has enough hold to make it to Christmas (which I’m guessing it will).
I’m also guessing (hoping) that Everybody’s Fine will begin to creep up the charts when it gets a wider release considering the fact that it stars Robert De Niro, Drew Barrymore, Kate Beckinsale, and Sam Rockwell. Those four names that alone should be enough to pull in viewers even if it’s a smaller film.
What do you think about the box office numbers? What did you pay to see?