If you’re a tech geek who’s been following the production of James Cameron’s Avatar, you’ll be glad to hear this news. According to MarketSaw, a reliable source tells them that Weta has officially finished their portion of work on the film, which means the project is near completion.
Avatar is scheduled for release on December 18th, and with less than a month until its debut, it’s still in post-production. If you think about it, the film has so many effects that need to be perfected before the general public can see it. With so much hype and pressure, can you blame them for working down to the wire? Weta is a digital visual effects company that’s based in New Zealand, and they’ve worked on several popular CGI heavy films such as the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
It doesn’t hurt that one of the key people behind the Weta logo is Peter Jackson, and with his close friendship with Cameron it’s no surprise he used the company. We’re not sure when the film will be 100 percent COMPLETE, but it has to be sometime soon, the release date is quickly approaching. December has come around faster than any of us anticipated.
Do you think Avatar’s special effects will live up to the hype?
If you’re excited about Avatar, you might want to check out…
Photos and Posters:
- Avatar’s Final Theatrical Poster
- Avatar: Soundtrack, Poster, Running Time
- New Zoe Saldana Avatar Photo
- New Avatar of Michelle Rodriguez
- More Avatar Movie Photos: Avatars, Sam Worthington, and James Cameron
- Stephen Lang Avatar Photo
- New Avatar Photos with Sigourney and Zoe as Avatars
- 5 New Avatar Photos
Trailers and Clips:
- Avatar Clip: You Should See Your Faces
- Avatar Clip Shows an Angry Sigourney Weaver
- New Avatar Trailer Is Finally Here
- Avatar International Trailer
- First Avatar Teaser Trailer
- Avatar Polls: Expectations and Accents
- Ben Stiller Promotes Avatar
- James Cameron Addicted to Special Effects
- Avatar Movie Review
- Avatar in Fox’s Most Expensive Film Ever