Here are a few odds and ends to close out the movie news day. We’ve discovered how lazy Hollywood has gotten with their talent selection process, and learned that two eighties icons will pop up in a couple of highly anticipated remakes. Plus, we’ve got a few photos from the campy horror film, Piranha 3-D (above), which sounds exciting and terrible all at the same time.
Check out our news round up…
- Hollywood will burn for this! Popular Twitter user, Shit My Dad Says has landed a television deal with CBS. They picked up a comedy project based on the Twitter account, which has over 700,000 followers and has made its creator, Justin Halpern, an Internet star. [THRFeed]
- With the economy being so rough, it’s hard to keep a steady job, so if you’re a fan of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, this may be the job for you. Check out this photo.
- Rumors have been going around that Dolph Lundgren could possibly pop up in the remake of Conan the Barbarian. In a recent interview, he hinted at making a cameo in the film. [Latino Review]
- Speaking of cameos, we can confirm that Dwight Schultz, the original Murdoch from The A-Team will make a small appearance in the 2010 film adaptation. [Moviehole]
- Check out some of the first photos from Piranha 3-D. This movie will be a guilty pleasure for a lot of people if these pictures are any indication of what the film holds. [DreadCentral]