It’s that time again. We’ve gathered a few of the most interesting news stories that have surfaced this past week and brought them to you in one post. This includes everything from casting rumors, to local charity and industry events that are happening around town.
Here’s the Friday roundup…
- Monday a rumor hit that declared Robert De Niro and Jude Law as the latest actors cast in the Marvel film, Thor. Four days later that story has been debunked. The duo won’t be featured in the film after all. No surprise there. [Latino Review]
- This week it was revealed by Mary Harron, the director of the cult thriller American Psycho, that Christian Bale’s portrayal of serial killer Patrick Bateman was based on Tom Cruise. Creepy. [BlackBook]
- If you thought your wedding proposal was unique, check out a few of these. Unreality Magazine has collected some videos that feature weddings and proposals inspired by video games. Interesting, huh? [Unreality Mag]
- If you live in the Los Angeles area you should checkout the upcoming event, “TV Pitch Season: A How to Guide.” It’s a television industry event hosted by the Junior Hollywood Radio Television Society, where you’ll get to hear from professionals representing CBS, Fox, and CAA talent agency. [JHRTS]
- Here’s info on a good cause. The Hollywood Film Festival along with The Enough Project, will host a human rights symposium on October 24th at the ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood, CA to address the issue of violence against women in the Congo. Some of the talent present will include Emile Hirsch and Sonya Walger (Lost, Flash Forward).