Seriously? Tyler Perry’s I Can Do Bad All By Myself? What were you thinking? Was is really that good/dramatic/funny? I see that name and think, straight-to-DVD release, yet somehow it manages to gross over $24 million? If only I ruled the box…
Aside for that, the big surprise at the box office was first time director, Shane Acker‘s film 9 which managed to come in at number two at the box office despite the fact that it was a 72 minute animated film that should have been at least 90 minutes. We’ll see how that one does over the next couple of weeks.
Check out the numbers below…
- Tyler Perry’s I Can Do Bad All By Myself | New | Weekend Gross $24,030,000 | Average Per Theater $10,656 | Total Gross $24,030,000 | Week 1
- 9 | New | $10,856,0000 | Average Per Theater$6,536 | Total Gross $15,264,000 | Week 1
- Inglourious Basterds | LW 2 | Weekend Gross $6,546,0000 | Average Per Theater$2,036 | Total Gross $104,309,000 | Film’s Budget $70 | Week 4
- All About Steve | LW 3 | Weekend Gross $5,800,0000 | Average Per Theater $2,561 | Total Gross $21,812,000 | Week 2
- The Final Destination | LW 1 | Weekend Gross $5,500,0000 | Average Per Theater $2,013 | Total Gross $58,258,000 | Film’s Budget $40 | Week 3
- Sorority Row | New | Weekend Gross $5,268,0000 | Average Per Theater $1,977 | Total Gross $5,268,000 | Week 1
- Whiteout | New | Weekend Gross $5,100,0000 | Average Per Theater $1,858 | Total Gross $5,100,000 | Week 1
- District 9 | LW 5 | Weekend Gross $3,600,0000 | Average Per Theater $1,406 | Total Gross $108,517,000 | Film’s Budget $30 | Week 5
- Julie & Julia | LW 7 | Weekend Gross $3,300,0000 | Average Per Theater $1,409 | Total Gross $85,360,000 | Film’s Budget $40 | Week 6
- Gamer | LW 4 | Weekend Gross $3,150,0000 | Average Per Theater $1,259 | Total Gross $16,120,000 | Week 2
Gamer seems to have almost no pull at all, proving yet again that most video games do no make successful movies and that their viral marketing campaign was completely pointless. Despite the fact that it was supposed to be an end of the summer action flick, it’s about to fall of the charts faster than Sandra Bullock can make you cringe in All About Steve.
It seems as if all the great releases have come and gone.
Which movie did you pay to see?