The bad news, you all went to the theaters to find out why they wouldn’t allow anyone to review G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra — it’s crap. Also, Funny People is dying out ten times faster than The Proposal even though it’s a far superior comedy. The good news, 500 Days of Summer has climbed it’s way onto the top ten! Since it’s release every week it’s become more and more loved at the box office and for good reason. Let’s keep the good stuff climbing!
Check out the numbers below…
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra | New | Weekend Gross $56,200,000 | Average Per Theater $14,025 | Total Gross $56,200,000 | Production Cost $175 | Week 1
- Julie & Julia | New | Weekend Gross $20,100,000 | Average Per Theater $8,539 | Total Gross $20,100,000 | Production Cost $40 | Week 1
- G-Force | LW 3 | $9,804,000 | Average Per Theater $2,816 | Total Gross $86,116,000 | Week 3
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince | LW 2 | $8,880,000 | Average Per Theater $2,570 | Total Gross $273,800,000 | Production Cost $250 | Week 4
- Funny People | LW 1 | $7,866,000 | Average Per Theater $2,615 | Total Gross $40,417,000 | Production Cost $75 | Week 2
- The Ugly Truth | LW 4 | $7,000,000 | Average Per Theater $2,353 | Total Gross $69,088,000 | Production Cost $38 | Week 3
- A Perfect Getaway | New | Weekend Gross $5,765,000 | Average Per Theater $2,670 | Total Gross $5,765,000 | Production Cost $14 | Week 1
- Aliens in the Attic | LW 5 | $4,000,000 | Average Per Theater $1,287 | Total Gross $16,293,000 | Production Cost $45 | Week 2
- Orphan | LW 6 | $3,730,00 | Average Per Theater $1,643 | Total Gross $34,822,000 | Week 3
- (500) Days of Summer | LW 12 | $3,725,000 | Average Per Theater $4,559 | Total Gross $12,343,000
Even though Harry Potter has already made back it’s ridiculously large budget which could save a small or medium sized country, it’s still dropping off faster than I expected it too and did not get the resurgence that was hoped for from being released into IMAX theaters two weeks after it’s opening. Apparently it was only worth seeing once, even for fans.
What do you think of this weeks numbers? What film(s) did you help raise the box office numbers for?