There are no big surprises here, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince broke box office records and ranked #23 on the list of all “biggest weekend openings” just behind Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones and ahead of I Am Legend. It’s no flop. That being said, it still could gave done better. It didn’t manage to top any of its predecessors, which all sit higher than it on the list than this film — Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire proudly holds the spot for the highest opening weekend grossing Potter film, which sits 11th position on the list.
Check out the numbers and more below…
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince | New | Weekend Gross $79,475,000 | Average Per Theater $18,376 | Total Gross $159,662,000 | Week 1
- Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs | LW 2 | Weekend Gross $17,700,000 | Average Per Theater $4,637 | Total Gross $152,005,000 | Production Cost $90 | Week 3
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen | LW 3 | Weekend Gross $13,750,000 | Average Per Theater $3,565 | Total Gross $363,867,000 | Production Cost $200 | Week 4
- Bruno | LW 1 | Weekend Gross $8,374,000 | Average Per Theater $3,035 | $49,588,000 - | Week 2
- The Hangover | LW 6 | Weekend Gross $8,315,000 | Average Per Theater $3,118 | Total Gross $235,882,000 | Production Cost $35 | Week 7
- The Proposal | LW 5 | Weekend Gross $8,294,000 | Average Per Theater $2,726 | Total Gross $128,087,000 | Production Cost $40 | Week 5
- Public Enemies | LW 4 | Weekend Gross $7,592,000 | Average Per Theater $2,435 | Total Gross $79,483,000 | Production Cost $100 | Week 3
- Up | LW 8 | Weekend Gross $3,147,000 | Average Per Theater $1,845 | Total Gross $279,559,000 | Production Cost $175 | Week 8
- My Sister’s Keeper | LW 9 | Weekend Gross $2,825,000 | Average Per Theater $1,436 | Total Gross $41,504,000 | Production Cost $30 | Week 4
- I Love You Beth Cooper | LW 7 | Weekend Gross $2,665,000 | Average Per Theater$1,424 | Total Gross $10,261,000 | Production Cost $18 | Week 2
Sadly, the mighty Bruno has fallen. Apparently word got out that he wasn’t actually gay and everyone decided they no longer enjoyed being mocked. I have no clue as to why this film dropped so low this weekend. It’s not like it has to share the same audience as Harry Potter fans… Or does it?
What do you think of Potters success and Bruno’s demise?