What better way to start off the week than with some great, if not a bit insane giveaways? Were giving away two passes to screenings for Modern Vampires (the uncut version), Shrunken Heads, and 1980′s cult-classic Forbidden Zone at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood next Friday and Saturday, where both writers and director Matthew Bright and Richard Elfman, will be in attendance along with Casper Van Dien (who starred in Modern Vampires)! And just because we like you we thought we would throw in a whole bunch of signed loot from both Bright and Elfman. And then! Just to add yet another cherry on top, we;re offering a meet and greet with the Director of the films himself, Richard Elfman to our winner!
Wow… This is probably one of our biggest giveaways yet. And there is much to giveaway, so little time! So let’s get to it!
Keep reading to find out how and what exactly you can win…
Here is what you stand to win:
- 2 passes to Modern Vampires/Shrunken Heads screening at Egyptian July 17 starting at 7:30pm
- 2 passes to Forbidden Zone screening at Egyption July 18 starting at 8pm
- 2 Forbidden posters signed by Richard Elfman and Matthew Bright
- 2 Forbidden Zone in Color DVDs signed by Richard Elfman and Matthew Bright
- 1 personal meet and greet with Richard Elfman.
What do you have to do to score all these awesome prizes?
Simple! Leave a comment below doing what I couldn’t; describe Forbidden Zone in 10 words or less. That’s all you have to do and then we will pick a first place and a second place winner.
The most creative answer wins all the passes to all the films, one of the posters, one of the DVDs, and a personal meet and greet with Richard Elfman himself! Our second place winner will receive a signed copy of the poster and a DVD.
Now, I assume that all of you already know ALL about these films. But just in case you need a refresher, here’s a little rundown of Modern Vampires, Shrunken Heads, and Forbidden Zone: Bright and Elfman started out in 1982 with their now cult classic film Forbidden Zone, which is unexplainable experience that must be seen for yourself. In 1994, they made Shrunken Heads, a film once described as “a Walt Disney movie until the bad kids kill all the good kids,” but later get their chance to plot revenge. Lastly, we have Modern Vampires, which is a 1998 black horror-comedy film that was released straight to VHS without much of the sex and gore that was originally intended. Now you have the chance to see it the way it was meant to be seen– uncut.
We will be announcing the winners one week from today, on July 15th at noon. I you just can’t wait, buy your tickets for the event on americancinematheque now before they sell out!
Also check out the trailers for Modern Vampires, Shrunken Heads and Forbidden Zone below.
Modern Vampires (1998)
Shrunken Heads (1994)
Check out the color Forbidden Zone trailer below.
AND REMEMBER that in order to play:
- You must have a shipping address in the United States
- You must leave an e-mail address that we can reach you at (we promise not to spam you)
- If you win, you will have one week to respond to an e-mail that we will send to you. If you do not respond within one week your prize will be given to another contestant.
Best of luck!