I guess this news has the whiff of a spoiler, yet not too big a surprise for Stan Lee fans, now that word has surfaced that the former Marvel Comics president and Iron Man co-creator has filmed his part in the forthcoming Iron Man 2.
And we even know whom Lee gets to get all Stanislavski on for the new film.
It’s being reported that Lee will play CNN talk show host Larry King, who interviews Tony Stark on live television about his new black armor suit.
Lee has previously made other cameo appearances in Marvel film adaptations, but word is the role in Iron Man 2 will be quite considerable. Lee also portrayed Hugh Hefner in the first Iron Man film during a red carpet scene.
Empire Movies was nice enough to post Lee’s film appearances since appearing in 2000’s X-Men as a hot dog vendor:
- a man at the fair in Spider-Man (2002)
- a man at a crossing in Daredevil (2003)
- a security guard in Hulk (2003)
- a man dodging debris in Spider-Man 2 (2004)
- Willie Lumpkin in Fantastic Four (2005)
- a waterhose man in X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
- a man in Times Square in Spider-Man 3 (2007)
- a man drinking from a bottle in The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Iron Man 2 opens May 7, 2010.
What do you think about Stan Lee playing Larry King in Iron Man 2? Will he say, “Houston, Hello!”?