Depending on who you ask, we have two different films taking the number one spot. According to BoxOfficeMojo Up is this weekends box office winner, but according to Variety, The Hangover managed to sneak past Up by a mere $500,000. Either way, this weeks numbers show that word of mouth will be keeping Up in the theaters for a while, that all you sickos out there heard about Zach Galifianakis‘ antics and had to see the movie this Sunday, and that not many of your care about Will Ferrell being in a Land of the Lost remake, in fact you prefer him on “Men Vs. Wild.”
Check out this weekends box office numbers below…
- Up | LW 1 | Weekend Gross $44,244,000 | Average Per Theater $11,588 | Total Gross $137,316,000 | Week 2
- The Hangover | New | Weekend Gross $43,275,000 | Average Per Theater $13,238 | Total Gross $43,275,000 | Week 1
- Land of the Lost | New | $19,524,000 | Average Per Theater $5,545 | Total Gross $19,524,000 | Week 1
- Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian | LW 2 | $14,650,000 | Average Per Theater $3,848 | Total Gross $127,341,000 | Production Cost $150 | Week 3
- Star Trek | LW 5 | $8,400,000 | Average Per Theater $2,623 | Total Gross $222,802,000 | Week 5
- Terminator Salvation | LW 3 | $8,175,000 | Average Per Theater $2,474 | Total Gross $105,495,000 | Production Cost $200 | Week 3
- Drag Me to Hell | LW 4 | $7,342,000 | Average Per Theater $2,925 | Total Gross $28,534,000 | Week 2
- Angels & Demons | LW 6 | $6,500,000 | Average Per Theater $2,222 | Total Gross $116,125,000 | Production Cost $150 | Week 4
- My Life in Ruins | New | $3,225,000 | Average Per Theater $2,771 | Total Gross $3,225,000 | Week 1
- Dance Flick | LW 7 | $2,000,000 | Average Per Theater $1,172 | Total Gross $22,667,000 | Production Cost $25 | Week 3
Both Terminator and Angeles & Demons are hanging on, but just barely. Both had a LONG way to go before they make up what they lost.
Which movie do you think is better? Up or The Hangover?