I know we JUST posted a Transformers 2 post about the two different versions of the film. BUT, over at IESB they posted some spoilers from one of the the first reviews coming out of the Japanese premiere by The Don Murphy Message Boards’ member Wonkimus_Major. We warn you, this post contains information that will spoil some of the plot and special effects scenes for you. We know that some of you can’t contain your curiosity, so we’ve decided to post them anyway (even though I hate spoilers) for those of you who need a Transformers 2 fix to tide you over till the end of the month (you robot junkie you).
If you don’t want to know anything ahead of time then don’t click the read more! You’ve been warned…
Overall, the reviewer obviously liked the film more than the first, but like most films, Transformers 2 is not without it’s hiccups:
- Movie was incredible, I liked it much more than the first! More action, more robots, less humans! Though there are some lame sexual inuendos like Wheelie humping Megan’s leg.
- Soundwave only has a few lines but he speaks English. But he never comes down to earth and never turns into a robot. Bleah. Very little screen time, but at least he doesn’t get exploded which leaves things open for the third movie.
- The Twins were lame. As in the “bust a cap in you ass” stereotype.
- Jetfire was comic relief. He has a British accent and reminded me of a Monty Python character. He doesn’t “combine” with Prime in the normal sense, he gets fatally wounded and rips out his spark, killing himself so Prime can use his parts.
- Sideways never transforms, he is cut in half by Sideswipe in the first battle scene in car mode.
- …in the last battle scene there were tons of, well, “repaints,” basically reused animation. So even after Devastator forms, there are still constructicons running around. And some Protoforms.
- Scorponok is in the final battle too and is killed by Jetfire in about 2 seconds.
So far, this movie is exactly what I expect from it. The special effects have been tightened up, but the plot is equally as loose.
Are you glad you read it? Or do you feel dirty?