A while ago we reported on an upcoming comedy called Date Night that stars funnyman Steve Carell and funny lady, Tina Fey. The film is directed by Shawn Levy and centers on a married couple who’s lives end up in danger during one of their routine “date nights.” The earlier cast included Mark Wahlberg, James Franco, Taraji P. Henson, Kristen Wiig, Leighton Meester, and Common. Three more names have been added to this list, and I think they’ll make some great additions to those already involved.
Check out the latest cast update after the jump.
According to RopeofSilicon, Mila Kunis, Mark Ruffalo, and Ray Liotta have signed on to co-star in Date Night. Kunis will star as the wife of James Franco’s not too bright criminal, Mark Ruffalo will play Carell’s best friend, and husband of Kristen Wiig’s character, while Liotta will star as Joe Miletto the main villain. The breakdown of the other characters are as follows:
- Mark Wahlberg will portray a buffed up and successful securities expert who flirts with Fey’s character.
- Taraji P. Henson will portray a cop who believes the couple is in danger.
- Kristen Wiig is Fey’s best friend
- Leighton Meester is the couple’s baby sitter
- Common is another one of the villains
This movie looks like it has all the makings to be a successful comedy. Filming for Date Night began last month and is it’s set for release on April 9 of next year.
What do you think of the updated cast for Date Night?