So many castings, so little time. A lot of news regarding some of your favorite actors and actresses has broken overnight. Here’s a rundown of who’s hooking up with who and for what project.
- Dwayne Johnson will be going back to his action roots with his latest film. The actor is in final negotiations to star in Faster, where he’ll play an ex-con trying to avenge his brothers death. The film will reteam the actor with Gridiron Gang director Phil Joanau. [Variety]
- After the greatness that was 2001′s The Score, Edward Norton and Robert De Niro are reuniting for another project. They will star in the indie thriller, Stone. De Niro will play “a correctional officer who is seduced by the wife of a convicted arsonist (Norton) up for parole.”[Variety]
- James McAvoy, Elizabeth Banks, Laura Linney, and Anna Friel will star in a comedy entitled, The Details. The film will be directed by Jacob Estes, who also wrote the screenplay featuring a couple who disagrees about how to handle a raccoon infestation in their backyard. [RopeofSilicon]
- Ray Stevenson, Val Kilmer, and Christopher Walken are teaming up for the mob drama The Irishman. Stevenson will play a Cleveland based mobster, Kilmer will star as a cop, and Walken will play a loan shark. [Variety]
- The cast of Alexandre Aja’s Piranha 3-D keeps growing with their latest addition, Jerry O’Connell. No further info has been given regarding his character, but producer Mark Canton thinks the film could be “the ultimate Jaws for this generation.” [RopeofSilicon]
Which casting hook up are you the most excited to see?