Well, despite the leak and Swine Flu closing down theaters, Wolverine still managed to score a huge opening weekend number and pull way ahead of the rest of the pack. The question is, with less then great reviews and audiences response, and Star Trek coming out next weekend will it be able to keep making money? Or will is slide down the charts faster then a fat kid on a water slide? We’ll have to wait and see!
The good news is, it’s made over half it’s money back already, which means that it definitely won’t be a flop by the time it makes it over seas, which could mean a Deadpool spin-off with Ryan Reynolds may finally get green lit! Fingers crossed!
Check out a full list of this weekends numbers below…
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine | New | Weekend Gross $87,000,000 | Average Per Theater $21,225 | Total Gross $87,000,000 | Production Cost $150 | Week 1
- Ghosts of Girlfriends Past | New | Weekend Gross $15,325,000 | Average Per Theater $4,827 | Total Gross $15,325,000 | Week 1
- Obsessed | LW 1 | Weekend Gross $12,200,000 | Average Per Theater $4,853 | Total Gross $47,002,000 | Production Cost $20 | Week 2
- 17 Again | LW 2 | Weekend Gross $6,355,000 | Average Per Theater $1,952 | Total Gross $48,497,000 | Week 3
- Monsters Vs. Aliens | LW 6 | Weekend Gross $5,800,000 | Average Per Theater $2,209 | Total Gross $182,405,000 | Production Cost $175 | Week 6
- The Soloist | LW 4 | Weekend Gross $5,600,000 | Average Per Theater $2,755 | Total Gross $18,108,000 | Week 2
- Earth (2009) | LW 5 | Weekend Gross $4,184,000 | Average Per Theater $2,319 | Total Gross $21,848,000 | Week 2
- Fighting | LW 3 | Weekend Gross $4,173,000 | Average Per Theater $1,805 | Total Gross $17,507,000 | Week 2
- Hannah Montana The Movie | LW 8 | Weekend Gross $4,075,000 | Average Per Theater $1,446 | Total Gross $70,857,000 | Week 4
- State of Play | LW 7 | Weekend Gross $3,655,000 | Average Per Theater $1,495 | Total Gross $30,883,000 | Week 3
Who the hell is still going to see Obsessed? The fact that, that film has already doubled what it cost to make it just insane. You do realize that you’re paying for more crappy movies like this to be made people!
If this shows us anything it’s that critics reviews and word of mouth mean VERY little, because if they did, this movie would have gone straight to DVD.
What do you think of this weeks box office numbers?