- Kate Mara and Clark Gregg have joined Jon Favreau‘s upcoming film, Iron Man 2, currently shooting in Manhattan Beach, California. There have been no reports on who Mara will be playing but she’ll have something to say/do in the film. Gregg will be reprising his role as Agent Phil Coulson of S.H.I.E.L.D from the first film.
- Cameron Diaz‘s is in final negotiations to take on the lead in a legal comedy titles Bobbie Sue. Apparently, she needs a to lighten up again, after her recent work in My Sister’s Keeper with Alec Baldwin and Abigail Breslin. Warner Brothers bought the spec script by Russell Leigh Sharman, Owen Egerton and Chris Mass in the fall and now Dana Fox is polishing the screenplay.
- Mark Mylod has signed to direct Columbia’s upcoming romantic comedy starring Anna Faris, Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson in What’s Your Number? The story is about a woman who treks through her sexual past to find Mr. Right, exploring the idea of sexual quotas and whether such numbers matter. No actors are attached to the project yet.
- Elizabeth Banks will be leading and producing, a new comedy for DreamWorks titled Forever 21. The story goes that Banks brought the spec, written by Mike Culbert and Mike Pellettieri, into the studio and is now pushing the film forward. So far, the storyline has been kept secret, but I’m sure we’ll be hearing more soon!
- Kevin Macdonald has paired up with New Regency to develop and direct, the film adaptions of the 1955 Isaac Asimov novel The End of Eternity. The film is a “Futuristic tale [which] concerns a ruling class called Eternity whose members can manipulate time and alter history.” Sound cool to me!
Who are you most excited to hear about starting up a new project? Source: Variety and THR