Surprise, surprise, the tweens rule the world. Zac Efron’s baby blues were just too much for the public to resist (or was it Matthew Perry’s… something?). Apparently there’s only room for one teen-star in a weekend, as Hannah Montana’s audience basically abandoned her for Efron. Not even Russel Crowe could pull in Efron’s numbers despite his ability to actually act in an interesting film.
As for the two most offensive movies on the list, Crank 2: High Voltage and Observe and Report, neither of them seem to be winning over audiences. Crank 2, did not manage to beat it’s predecessor Crank, in its return to theaters. (Maybe that’s because they didn’t allow press to screen the film and write review? Just a thought!) And apparently people only want to see Seth Rogen soft and cuddly, not violent and pathetic.
The only film that really seems the be holding strong is Monsters vs. Aliens. It’s held on to it’s number three spot for weeks now. Nothing better then a good animation!
Check out this weeks top ten below…
- 17 Again | New | Weekend Gross $24,065,000 | Average Per Theater $7,393 | Total Gross $24,065,000 | Week 1
- State of Play | New | Weekend Gross $14,099,090 | Average Per Theater $5,030 | Total Gross $14,099,090 | Week 1
- Monsters vs. Aliens | LW 3 | Weekend Gross $12,900,000 | Average Per Theater $3,523 | Total Gross $162,723,000 | Week 3
- Hannah Montana the Movie | LW 1 | Weekend Gross $12,666,000 | Average Per Theater $4,062 | Total Gross $56,133,000 | Week 2
- Fast & Furious |LW 2 | Weekend Gross $12,289,530 | Average Per Theater $3,345 | Total Gross $136,720,610 | Week 3
- Crank 2: High Voltage | New | Weekend Gross $6,510,000 | Average Per Theater $2,928 | Total Gross $6,510,000 | Week 1
- Observe and Report | LW 4 |Weekend Gross $4,055,000 | Average Per Theater $1,487 | Total Gross $18,692,00 | Week 2
- Knowing | LW 5 | Weekend Gross $3,478,000 | Average Per Theater $1,446 | Total Gross $73,698,556 | Week 4
- I Love You, Man | LW 6 | Weekend Gross $3,370,000 | Average Per Theater $1,530 | Total Gross $64,657,000 | Week 4
- The Haunting in Connecticut | LW 7 | Weekend Gross $3,150,000 | Average Per Theater $1,397 | Total Gross $51,920,000 | Week 3