As predicted, Monsters Vs. Aliens beat out all of their competition by a long shot. Surprisingly, The Haunting in Connecticut took down Knowing, which I thought at least stick at number two for at least it’s second week. Oh well. It was nice to see 12 Rounds on the list, if only for a short while. It had a limited released and very little promotion, so thanks to it’s positive feedback, we might be seeing more of the film nationwide. Watchmen is approaching the end of it’s top ten run. In fact, I would give it two more weeks before it’s toast. There’s only so long buzz can carry you.
Check out this past weekends box office numbers below…
- Monsters Vs. Aliens | New | Weekend Gross $58,200,000 | Average per Theater $14,181 | Total Gross $58,200,000 | Week 1
- The Haunting in Connecticut | New | Weekend Gross $23,010,000 | Average per Theater $8,422 | Total Gross $23,010,000 | Week 1
- Knowing | LW 1 | Weekend Gross $14,705,000 | Average per Theater $4,407 | Total Gross $46,220,000 | Week 2
- I Love You, Man | LW 2 | Weekend Gross $12,600,000 | Average per Theater $4,637 | Total Gross $37,007,000 | Week 2
- Duplicity | LW 3 | Weekend Gross $7,556,000 | Average per Theater $2,930 | Total Gross $25,639,000 | Week 2
- Race to Witch Mountain | LW 4 | Weekend Gross $5,637,000 | Average per Theater $1,725 | Total Gross $53,295,000 | Week 3
- 12 Rounds | New | Weekend Gross $5,300,000 | Average per Theater $2,274 | Total Gross $5,300,000 | Week 1
- Watchmen | LW 5 | Weekend Gross $2,755,000 | Average per Theater $1,371 | Total Gross $103,296,000 | Week 4
- Taken | LW 7 | Weekend Gross $2,700,000 | Average per Theater $1,377 | Total Gross $137,074,000 | Week 9
- The Last House on the Left (2009) | LW 6 | Weekend Gross $2,611,000 | Average per Theater $1,160 | Total Gross $28,459,000 | Week 3
What do you think of this weeks top ten?