Here are some of the top news stories you may have missed this Oscar winning weekend.
- Another box office record has been shattered by The Dark Knight. It has become the fourth film ever to gross over one billion dollars in worldwide box office sales. The film now joins the company of Titanic, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. [Superherohype]
- Check out some exclusive footage from this summer’s Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen. In the promotional video Shia Labeouf and Josh Duhamel talk about the film’s locations, the story, and their director Michael Bay. Be warned it’s very loud! [MTV]
- Two familiar faces are teaming up again. Academy Award winner John Williams will compose the score for Steven Spielberg’s Tintin. Williams has previously worked with the director on countless films including, Jurassic Park and E.T.: The Extraterrestrial. [LatinoReview]
- An official release date has finally been set for the third installment of the “Twilight Saga.” Eclipse will be released on June 30, 2010. It will be the second sequel in the franchise following New Moon, which debuts in theaters this year on November 20. [ShockTillYouDrop]
- The Independent Spirit Awards took place this past Saturday and Darren Aronofsky’s The Wrestler took top honors as Best Picture. Mickey Rourke won Best Actor, and the film’s director of photography Maryse Alberti also won for Best Cinematography. [Variety]