OK kids, if you don’t want to know anything about the upcoming Transformers sequel, I suggest you stop reading. Over at the Transformers: Live Action Blog, they’ve posted a few spoilers taken from a Michael Bay, Shia LaBeouf interview via Empire Magazine. The actor and director did some rumor control as they weeded out the truth within the lies surrounding their highly anticipated film.
Spoilers after the jump.
- Bay and LaBeouf confirm the Fallen is a separate character.
- Egyptian hieroglyphics …turn out to be depictions of Transformers who visited Earth.
- Bay claims Megatron is not coming back and the tank is just a new toy.
- Around 40 robots.
- Budget is $200 million.
- Ramon Rodriguez is the one holding on for dear life to a pole while cars are flung.
- Devastator appears at the pyramid, he’s probably 50 feet tall because that’s the height of the camera crane they used on location.
I have to say I’m not completely sold on the idea that Megatron won’t be returning. I mean he’s Megatron! What if this new “Fallen” character is him? What are they going to do with 40 robots? Didn’t they have around 14 or 15 in the first one?
How do you think the sequel is shaping up thus far?